How Does Geofencing In Utica Enhance Home Security?
Modern home security solutions have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform basic security tasks like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these chores again? With geofencing in Utica, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Utica For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to interact with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign what actions you want to take place as you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you leave your premises, you could instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Utica. With the security app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you can:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment come alive based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in unison. Make your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Utica
Whether you seek additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (315) 367-2727 or complete the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.