Security cameras can easily be used as a deterrent—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, today’s security cameras come armed with an array of tools all tailor-made to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to get the most from security cameras in Utica.
How To Set Up Your Utica Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is mounting them in the right spots within your home. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your house that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your guests should be a chief regard prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Utica. The innovations described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to start capturing footage when motions are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone with the device. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more complete look at an area. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Utica is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (315) 367-2727 or complete the form below to start building your security system today.